Jessica Simpson is sharing deeply private tales along with her followers.
In her new memoir, Open E-book, the 39-year-old star displays on a few of her most painful recollections, together with the abuse she suffered as a baby, her days of heavy consuming, in addition to her highway to sobriety. Simpson additionally shares intimate particulars about her love life within the memoir, from her marriage to Nick Lachey and her on-off relationship with John Mayer. The “With You” singer even writes about an “emotional affair” along with her Dukes of Hazzard co-star, Johnny Knoxville.
On the time of filming Dukes of Hazzard, Simpson was nonetheless married to Lachey, however whereas away capturing in Louisiana, Simpson fashioned a bond with Knoxville. After sharing a hug with Knoxville on the primary day of filming, Simpson “felt a force drawing us together.”
“I wondered why I was open to this,” Simpson writes in Open E-book. “I was already living in a distrustful situation with Nick, and now I was afraid I couldn’t trust myself.”
Now that Simpson’s new e-book has been launched, let’s check out the entire greatest bombshells from the memoir.
1. Johnny Knoxville Connection: Simpson says she coded the actor in her diary as “the boy from Tennessee.” She writes, “First off, we were both married, so this wasn’t going to get physical. But to me, an emotional affair was worse than a physical one. It’s funny, I know, because I had placed such an emphasis on sex by not having it before marriage. After I actually had sex, I understood that the emotional part was what mattered. And Johnny and I had that, which seemed far more of a betrayal to my marriage than sex.”
2. She Slept With Nick After Submitting for Divorce: Months after submitting for divorce from Lachey, Simpson recollects watching a documentary about Lachey’s upcoming album, which had songs about her. Within the doc, Simpson writes, Lachey “mentioned that the door was still open” for them to get again collectively. Simpson says she felt “so exposed.” She additionally watched his Making the Video particular on MTV for his tune, “What’s Left of Me,” which featured his now-wife, Vanessa Lachey. Simpson writes that she was “mad” however felt the necessity to “fix him.” So she referred to as Lachey and requested him to satisfy her at her home. Whereas there, Lachey performed his new album for her.
After listening to the album, which had “cruel” traces about her, Simpson writes that she felt “manipulated.”
“I felt manipulated into some revenge fantasy, but I had put myself in this situation,” Simpson says. “I didn’t know any other way to make it better, so I slept with him.”
Simpson provides that when Lachey walked out the door, she knew she would not see him once more.
3. Tony Romo Broke Up With Her Amid John Mayer Hypothesis: Whereas Simpson was courting Tony Romo, John Mayer was attempting to win her again. In response to Simpson, Mayer did this by going by means of her household, convincing them they need to get again collectively and professing his like to Simpson at her dad and mom’ home. Simpson writes that she did not cheat on Romo, however she did not inform him that she’d seen Mayer. On the night time earlier than her birthday, Romo noticed an e mail from Mayer on Simpson’s cellphone and confronted her about it. When she advised him “nothing happened” with Mayer, he did not imagine it and ended issues along with her. Nevertheless, he quickly needed her again, Simpson writes, however she advised him “it’s over.”
4. Mayer’s Playboy Interview Sealed His Break up With Simpson: After scanning Mayer’s 2010 interview with Playboy, wherein he referred to as her “sexual napalm,” Simpson was horrified. After receiving an apology e mail from Mayer, she replied with a letter of her personal.
“I didn’t accept his apology,” Simpson writes. “I deleted all his contact information from my phone. I was done with this man in a way I never thought was possible. When he reached out to me, I changed my number and changed my email. Done.”
5. An Apology to Ellen: Simpson gives an apology to Ellen DeGeneres in her e-book for showing on her present after consuming. “I admit I drank beforehand and was also on steroids for a chest infection that made me hoarse,” Simpson writes, including that, when she could not discover Ellen’s rhythm throughout their interview, the speak present host tried to assist however then “she gave up.”
“I want to say it here to Ellen and the viewers: I’m truly sorry,” Simpson writes.
She later addresses her 37th birthday in 2017, the place she discovered herself crying and realized she needed to cease consuming.
“It would take three and a half months,” Simpson tells readers. “But God would save me so I could come home to myself.”
Open E-book is out there now.
Watch E! Information weekday mornings at 7 a.m. and do not miss our 2020 Oscars: E’s Inside Information particular Thursday, Feb. 6 at 10:30 p.m.!